Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Do You Dare?

"What would happen if one woman told the truth about her life? The world would split open."
Muriel Rukeyser



Are you expecting some confessions?

I don't think I want the world to split open. In my case, the world would probably split in two!

However......

I will tell you a little about the life I desire, who I would like to be......my own version of my Leading Lady.

A couple of weeks ago, I experienced a Eureka moment. I was so happy! I even posted it as my status on Facebook!

I had been struggling for a long time with my identity as a woman, mother, wife, entrepreneur, designer, artist, business woman, friend......all these things. I had been going round and round in circles with exactly what I wanted to do with my business and more importantly, who I want to be.

There were all these titles; Designer, Couturiere, Artist, Florist, Flower Maker, Photographer, Coach, Mentor, Confidante, Consultant, Entrepreneur.......

And from the outside, it was really simple. Why couldn't I just design clothes, or homes, or events, like I used to do? After all, this had been my zone of genius for a long time.

But I wanted more. I wanted to integrate. More and more, our lives; work and play (or the lack of) are being merged and I knew I just didn't want to fall into the status quo. And what was my problem? The life of a designer is quite exciting.

I wanted more. So I've been resisting and I've been feeling stuck.

But then I got it! After months and months of searching for that something, searching for inspiration, I found it! I found my magic. My Eureka!

I declared to myself, I want to be a woman who makes love with life! And inspires others to do the same!

YES!

I mean seriously, imagine meeting me at a cocktail party or a business event, and you ask me the usual question.....'What do you do?' And I answer, with a slight smile.....I Make Love.

YES!

It's exciting, exhilarating, thrilling, confusing.....and so much more!

What it ISN'T is boring! And I said it yesterday, I'm done with being bored and being boring. This is how I want to live my life!

This is MY Leading Lady. She makes love. I'll figure the rest out. But for now, this is a GREAT start!

I had an opportunity to test it out a couple of days after at a BNI meeting I was invited to. In preparation for the event, I asked myself, what does a woman who makes love for a living look like? How does she dress? What does she smell like? How does she walk? How does she talk?

Maybe I would have ended up wearing the same things and the same perfume and hairstyle......however, I knew I felt different, I was tickled, I had an inner smile in my heart. That's all that really mattered! I felt more alive, more inspired.

There were all these gruff looking men and really conservative looking women. All much older than I was. It was at the tip of my tongue. But I won't lie to you, I couldn't say it. But I was THINKING it! And that was good enough! I did say, 'I teach women to fall in love with themselves and with life, through great fashion and exquisite design'......not good enough but much better......

It was just a few days since I had my Eureka, so I still needed some practice.

I'm getting there.....but like I said, I'm thinking it. It makes all the difference.

And the next time you meet me, after all the practice, I AM going to tell you I Make Love.

So now I dare you, who will you be?

What tickles you?
What will bring out your inner magic?
What will really make you feel like a woman?
Make you walk taller, sway those hips?
Enter a room like you owned it?
What do you have to tell yourself?

What have you been telling yourself?

I'm too big.....
My dress is too tight.....
I'm tired......
I'm not ready for this......
Maybe they won't like me......
I don't even have enough money in my purse......

Been there....done that.

I Make Love.

What about you?

I dare you.


Today it's Mae. It looks like I'll be dedicating an entire series to her! Oh how she dared!

No comments:

Post a Comment